Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Composing and WHITE NOISE

I have been reading WHITE NOISE. What and Amazing Book. I cannot put the thing down. Last night I decided to create a composistion based on the work of Don DeLillo. I framed the song around the music of the 90's band Earth. What an amazing sound they have ( oddly enough they have a new album out, as well as a world tour supporting the album) using harmonics built from apparent noise and randomness to create a wonderful drone. They music sounds very simple on the surface infact alot of people think that the music is jut noise when listening to it or trying to replicate it. It is in fact a very complex method of creating harmonic resonance. I have tried to create this type of harmonics using guitar, sitar, flute and a drone like synth pad. The result is something that took nearly 6 hours of work and sounds like a crappy world music celebration. I am extremly disappointed with it. I will make a few CD's of it if anyone who actually knows me ( in real life not on the internet) would like to have a copy of it, please let me know and I will send you a copy.