Friday, January 21, 2005

Lil' Markie (Volume 1)


lilmarkie
Originally uploaded by totalvo.
Lil' Markie


There's no photos or credits anywhere on this album. Just the sickly drawing on the cover and a list of song titles. I bought it for 50 cents on a hunch after noticing the title: "Diary of an Unborn Child".


As far as bizarre Christian LPs, I gotta say, this is this most extreme thing I've ever heard. It's some full grown man with a munchkin voice, singing terrifying songs about drug use, abortion and being a fat kid and each fill me with a profound sense of dread, horror, and disgust.


At one point, he acts out the part of a baby fetus, telling how happy he is to have fully formed fingernails at 4 1/2 weeks, and a well functioning heart after 6 1/2 weeks, etc., etc.


And then ... You can guess what happens.


This really, truly scared me the first couple times I played it, and I haven't played it since. Gotta include for that reason. Here's an MP3 of "Diary of an Unborn Child" in it's entirety. Hear it for yourself.
http://www.showandtellmusic.com/mp3s/gallery_l/MarkieDiary.mp3
please have a listen just copy and paste the link
seriously fucked up